James William Riley born Barnsley 1883 became BFC's first official mascot - he was the mascot at the 1912 Cup Final. He was known as Amos since childhood. As well as being club mascot Amos would be seen dressed in full riding gear and wearing a large flowery hat at the local Feasts riding one of Bywaters donkeys. He lived on Shaftesbury Road Stairfoot and worked at Rylands Glassworks. Sadly Amos was fatally injured when he was knocked down by a bus when crossing Barnsley Road Stairfoot on 23 October 1937. He never marrid and is buried in an unmarked grave in Ardsley Cemetery.