Great to see Ian McMillan on BBC Breakfast

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Young Nudger, Jun 18, 2017 at 8:48 AM.

1. As always - a great ambassador for the great and beautiful metropolis of Barnsley.

OxRed, JLWBigLil and Red CB like this.
  2. Not only a Barnsley fan, but a really nice fellow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JLWBigLil likes this.
  3. He was in my year at Wath Grammar School, but I only vaguely knew him, he was from Darfield and I knocked about mostly with lads from Thurnscoe, Goldthorpe and Bolton.

I quite like his radio shows and he was ok on the TV.

I particularly liked his show about the arse/'ouse interface. In Barnsley your house is your 'ouse in Sheffield your house is your arse. I think he narrowed it down to Chapletown as being the interface. I remember similar debates as a kid in the Dearne area and we reckoned that Thurnscoe/Goldthorpe/Bolton it was definitely 'ouse in Wath it was a bit of both but as you went to Rawmarsh is was definitely arse.....

JackTatty likes this.
  4. Yes he is. I've had the pleasure of meeting him on a number of occasions, and he is indeed a lovely bloke.

5. Was he wearing his trackies and baseball cap?

6. He's on quite often. You need to turn your telly box on more often too...

7. He was Steward on the Club coach I went to Valley Parade on a few seasons back.
    As everyone says great bloke. Had everyone laughing but couldn't cheer us up on our way back to
    Oakwell cos we lost. What made things worse I think Wind Arse got one of the goals.